At Lime Tree we believe that health and physical activity is important in promoting lifelong values and health. Lime Tree does this by providing enjoyable opportunities for all its pupils to participate in curriculum PE and school sports clubs. We value the benefit it brings to the children’s self-confidence and well-being.
Throughout the 2021-2022 academic year we will be focusing on the following key areas:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles.
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the whole school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- Increased participation in competitive sport.
Physical Education at Lime Tree
At Lime Tree we deliver two hours of PE each week. These lessons will be taught through games/sport by Mr Feist. The key skills required will be taught then applied in the game. Sessions replicate the intensity of real games, but it is played with a smile, a passion, encouragement to be a team player and participate to their own strengths.
The second hour of PE follows the Get Set For PE approach which engages and challenges every child. It is fully aligned to the national curriculum. It focuses on development, of agility and, balance and coordination, healthy competition and cooperative learning through a unique approach to teaching and learning PE.
At Lime Tree we are committed to offer a range of sporting clubs to children, covering all abilities. We are proud of our bike club and booster swimming sessions.
We believe that all children should have the opportunities to take part in sporting activities and take action to ensure that this is achieved.